Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Park Adventures

Last week our class took a field trip to a local park that was on top a mountain that overlooked Matsumoto. It was the first time I had seen the city from a viewpoint, and I was amazed at how far the rooftops stretched for, in the valley below. The park itself was incredible, and reminded me of Santa Cruz, California, where I attended college. The trees towered above me, and the forest was a patchwork of all shades of green.





(It also provided us with a good opportunity to practice walking in an organized line when we are out in public, something that we are struggling with, but is to be expected with children who are only three years old.)





The children slid down slides that wrapped around trees and were built right into the woods. There was a very organic feeling about the man made play structures, because they incorporated their surroundings, rather than imposed on them. The kids looked like they were having so much fun, as they raced one another to the top of the hill, where they could slide down again, side by side with their friends. I couldn't resist going down once or twice myself.










We ate a picnic lunch on the patio and everyone was well behaved and very respectful of the public space we were visiting. I was impressed by their behavior and had a wonderful day with the Aurora class.




On the way home, more than half of the children fell asleep on the bus ride home, and a few had to be carried in for nap time, because they were so exhausted. I look forward to more adventures this year with my class.


1 comment:

  1. The children are adorable and that area is gorgeous... I'm jealous! Keep the posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete