Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween



Halloween is a huge holiday in America. It's the night where children and adults both get to run around in costumes, attend parties, and eat tons of candy. Living abroad is an amazing experience, but there are often times when being away from your own country is difficult. Halloween is my favorite American holiday, and since I can't spend it with my friends and family back home, I wanted to share part of my culture with the kids in Aurora. I spent the month of October teaching them about the holiday and how we celebrate it. We did arts and crafts that focused on it, as well as read books about monsters, ghosts, witches, and other ghoulish creatures. On October 31st, The World International Preschool hosted a Halloween party for the parents and children of our school, and all the kids and teachers dressed up in celebration. To do something special for the kids in my class, I brought them all cards with little treats inside. Seeing my class enjoy my favorite holiday made me appreciate the little joys in living in a foreign country. 







No comments:

Post a Comment