Saturday, December 28, 2013

Dear Santa…..

Dear Santa,
       
        For Christmas I wish that I had the ability to understand everything my students say to me. Although their English and my Japanese are both improving, there is so much lost in translation that I miss out on everyday. For Christmas, I want to understand what they whisper to one another right before they burst out in laughter, what they are saying as they cry and reach to be picked up, and what they are saying as they tug on the bottom of my shirt, excitedly telling me a story where I only pick up a few words here and there. I know it's too late for you to grant my wish by this Christmas, but can you please work on it for next Christmas? Thanks Santa, and enjoy the cookies!

Love,
       Allie







No comments:

Post a Comment