Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Japanese Family

It's been about two weeks since I announced that I would be leaving The World at the end of July.

I was nervous and anxious to tell the parents of the children that I've worked so closely with that I would be ending my contract so suddenly. Leaving my class and the kids who I love was a really difficult decision to make. I have never invested so much time and emotion into a job and into a group of children before. I knew that when I came to Matsumoto it would be for a temporary amount of time, but I never realized how attached I was going to get to the kids I was teaching.



In the time that has followed I have received nothing by the nicest words from Moms and Dads of my  Shooting Star children.

Almost everyone has spoken to my personally and told me the kindest things and been so supportive and understanding of my decision.

I've had numerous families extend invitations to me so spend time with them, and others ask for my information to stay in touch.

I have never experienced so much love in a job before.

I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with upon arriving in Japan, and this is an experience and community I will never forget.

I want to say thank you to everyone of the families of my class, and the other parents and children who I have worked with at my school.

You are amazing families, and you have made me feel at home in Matsumoto and in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment